When is your personal data collected?
Cornhill International Payments collects personal information in the following places:
- Information you provide by filling in paper-based form;
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website, https://cornhillfx.com;
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access;
- If you contact us via email, live chat, Contact us form or request a call back form we may keep a record of the correspondence;
- We will digitally record all telephone conversations with our clients;
- If you write a review of our services;
- We may run electronic verification checks on your identity;
- Additional supporting documents which you provide us upon request.
CIP’s use of your personal data
We use personal information only for the purpose for which we tell you that it has been collected, for other legitimate purposes as permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and other relevant laws. We retain your information only as long as necessary for those uses.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/electronic device;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Keeping you informed by email of similar products or services to those which you have brought, unless you have indicated where possible that you would not like us to do so;
- Providing you with email alerts or FX newsletters which you have consented to receive;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Retention of your personal data
Due to our legal obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Companies Act 2006 we may hold your personal data up to a maximum of 6 years post surrender of our business relationship with you. Hereafter, your data will disposed of securely such that you will no longer be identifiable from this information whether this is in paper or electronic format.
Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to carry out our services of the contract between Cornhill International Payments and you. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in order to comply with our legal obligations. We may disclose your personal information to any of the following companies Chart Media, Barclays, Opus, Sedcom, affiliates, MS Exchange email server, Thomson Reuters, GB Group, Duedil, Mailchimp, Trustpilot, Zoho and the relevant authorities.
We will not disclose identifiable information about our customers or website users to our advertising partners unless you have explicitly indicated that we can do so by ticking the appropriate box on a paper-based application form or an electronic application on our website.
Protection of your data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website. However, once we receive your information, we use strict security standard and procedures to try and prevent unauthorised access to customer information. Your personal information is transmitted over a secure (https) connection and is encrypted to ensure your data remains safe at any time.
Any personal data we hold on you will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Therefore, all of your information should be secured in line with GDPR 2018.
IP addresses and cookies
If you would like further information on cookies we recommend you visit:
Links to third party websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to those websites.
Access to information
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to make sure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete and we respond to requests to correct inaccurate information without undue delay or within one month of your request.
Please be aware that you will have to provide updated forms of proof of identity and/or proof of address prior to requesting a foreign currency exchange.
Right to be forgotten
You may want to discontinue receiving information from Cornhill International Payments Limited.
While this may mean that you will not receive products or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions.
You may instruct us to exclude you from all future marketing and promotional emails by writing, emailing or telephoning us using the contact details shown below.
Cornhill International Payments Limited contact details
Cornhill International Payments Limited
18 St Swithin’s lane,
General Email Address:
Main Telephone Number:
0203 409 5400
Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
If you have an issue regarding the privacy of your information with CIP and we cannot solve this please contact the Information Commissioners Office on the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
ICO Email Address: