When is Personal Information Collected?
The Website collects personal information in various places:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website;
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Use and Retention of Personal Information
We use personal information only for the purpose for which we tell you that it has been collected, and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and other relevant laws, and retain it only as long as necessary for those uses. If you provide information when buying travel money or other goods or services from Cornhill FX, we may use the personal information for the purposes of:
- Ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Keeping you informed by email of similar products or services to those which you have bought, unless you have indicated that you would not like us to do so;
- Providing you with email alerts which you have registered for;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Notifying you about changes to our service.
We will not disclose identifiable information about our Website users to our advertisers.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to make sure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete and we respond to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Protection of Information Via Established Security Procedures
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website. However, once we receive your information, we use strict security standards and procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access to customer information. Your order is placed over a secure connection and your personal information is encrypted to ensure your data remains safe at all times.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your visits to the Website and your computer (including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report such information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We collect such information by using a “cookie” file. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. They help us improve the Website and make it possible for Cornhill FX to identify some of your preferences. On revisiting the Website, Cornhill’s computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits. Most browsers are originally configured to accept cookies automatically.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Removal from Cornhill FX Marketing Communications
You may want to discontinue receiving information from Cornhill FX. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions by emailing email@example.com